Monday, October 20, 2008

The End of an Era. A Terrible, Nasty Tasting Era.



MillerCoors Ends Production of Zima


Oct 20th, 2008 | MILWAUKEE

The joint venture between SABMiller's U.S. unit and Molson Coors Brewing Co. told distributors in a letter Monday that production of the malt liquor beverage was discontinued as of Oct. 10.

Chief Marketing Officer Andy England says the decision was due to weakness in the "malternative" segment and declining consumer interest.

He says distributors can get remaining Zima inventories most likely through December.

Distributors are being asked to put products from alcoholic energy brand Sparks on retail store shelves to make up for Zima's absence.

The brand came to the joint venture from Molson Coors, maker of Coors Light and Keystone.

4 comments:

quickdraw said...

That picture kills me.

Tony B. said...

There goes my ironic party-beverage of choice.

You aren't still on a Sparks marketing email list, are you?

Crescent said...

I went on a very me-esque rant about this today while we were waiting for our dept meeting to start. Saying how sad underage sluts would be that this day has come..wondering where those sexually ambig musical theater major boys would put their watermelon jolly ranchers.....asking what annoying conservative Christian girls and boys who want to rebel would drink and so forth. They just let me ramble until one person finally said to the girl sitting next to me, "K, don't you love Zima?" her reply was "yes. it's actually all I drink."

way to go me.

ps - I was still right.

Alvy said...

HA!

You were totally right.

Maybe she should switch to Club Soda and roofies.