Friday, June 12, 2009

Lafe Effect Street Beat



As I was walking from my office to the Millenium Park Garage at 2:30 yesterday, I noticed that Randolph east of Michigan was completely blocked off and that there were scores of police cars, paddy wagons, fire engines and ambulances lining the street east of The Harris theatre. I figured they were making "The Negotiator Two" or something, then noticed the two workman at the garage entrance pointing upwards towards a condo building. I followed the line and saw a figure about 25 stories high draped over the ledge and rocking back and forth (actual photo above). After watching for ten minutes or so, I went on my way, hoping for the best. I was relieved to learn this morning that the jumper was talked down this morning at 1:23 AM, 11 hours after I happened on the scene.

4 comments:

Crescent said...

Holy crud. That is so scary. I have nightmares about seeing people jump. I wonder what was going on with that guy? I hope someone loves him or whatever.

Don't Yump Mister!

Love,
Crescent

Jimmy Swingset said...

Is that a guy wearing a suit jacket with white pantyhose?

If so, it's starting to make sense.

Tony B. said...

Whoa. Nice scoop, Simo.

Simo said...

The jumper (non) was a woman