Friday, February 15, 2008

On a related note....

Oasis discusses Radiohead:

Liam Gallagher
1996

"Radiohead? Boring bunch of fookin' students. I'll kick their fookin' heads in, man, 'cause they're dicks."

10.2001, NME
About his band's upcoming album: "It's punk rock. And moody. And well done, proper - none of that weird fooking Radiohead bollocks, none of that indie fooking rubbish. It's the Pistols and the Beatles, man - it's us."

Noel Gallagher
10.2001, Hot Press

"It’s a matter of taste I know but, personally, I was well miffed to see OK Computer atop the Q ‘100 Greatest Albums Of All Time’. I’m a fan of records, not bands. There’s even stuff that The Beatles did which I wouldn’t bother replacing if they were robbed off me. The Bends is a great record, but OK Computer and Amnesiac… I really don’t see what all the fuss is about. There’s nothing on ‘em that wasn’t being done by Faust 25-years ago."

05.2003, N.M.E.
"I heard the single. I like it because it doesn't annoy me. But then again with Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood in a band, they're going to be great, put them together and you get genius.But I don't get the whole angst thing, I don't like The Vines, except for 'Get Free' - great track, but what have they got to be pissed off about? They live in Sydney, the most beautiful city in the word. The Coral come from Liverpool and they have the right to be pissed off, but they write beautiful songs about how great life could be - they are geniuses. Radiohead have sold twenty million albums and they're still miserable? I can tell you from personal experience - it's not that bad. Trust me."

Noel & Liam
05.2002, Q

Q: Were you good husbands?
Noel:"I get unfairly singled out about marriage. No one asks Thom Yorke about his marriage."
Liam:"She's probably a miserable bastard like him. The miserable ginger dwarf and his miserable wife. Who wants to know about them?"
Q: Radiohead aren't bad though, are they?
Noel:"No! Radiohead don't want anyone else involved in that little thing they've got going on. Their thing is: Don't look at us. Don't photo us. Don't interview us. In fact, don't listen to our music. Where does it end? It ends with Thorn Yorke saying I've written the most fantastic piece of classical music ever but the only way you can hear it is by jamming a jack plug into my ear."
Liam: "They're a band of Morris dancers."
Noel: "They seem so pissed off being in a band. That doesn't inspire kids to pick up guitars. They're moaning about the marketing, the videos. If I was 15 I'd think, I'll get a job down the car wash. Whereas us, we love it. It's the best job in the world. Granted, some of the stuff on Amnesiac is brilliant. The Bends is the bollocks. 'Karma Police' is mega. But they don't want people like me to like their music so they can go and fuck themselves."

4 comments:

the developher said...

they're assholes, but the "ginger dwarf" comment killed me.

quickdraw said...

It's about damn time somebody posted something today!

Biche said...

don't care that they're assholes, they are the only ones carrying on the fine British tradition of complete lying contradiction in the face of meaningless publicity questions.

aliciaformaggia said...

i adored every minute of this