Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Modern Art



Beck's website is kind of amazing these days. He's got this "record club" project where he and his friends cover classic albums in their entirety - right now it's "Velvet Underground & Nico". He's got interviews with Tom Waits. He's got streaming mixes of whatever he's listening to currently. And my favorite part - he's got acoustic versions of songs from his last record. Here's the video for the stripped down "Gamma Ray", which actually smokes the original.

2 comments:

Biche said...

I feel that in keeping with my upcoming career change, I should be able to take either side of this discussion and ably defend the Velvet Underground version, in spite of my complete and total opposition to VU in concept, execution, style, demeanor, demeaning of all that's good about velvet, haircuts, grammar, and beloved status among my fellow Effectors...

mmmmaybe not.

Simo said...

Now, if he could just make a distinctive record...