Friday, April 4, 2008

Stanley's/Saugatuck Connection??

Just a quick question to all you readers/posters out there. Is it just me or does Stanley's Fruit Market always have the greatest light rock being piped in through the speakers? Huey Lewis, Toto, Blue Oyster...endless jams. Everytime I go there I have the urge to do the centipede through the organic section. I swear the long lost Saugatuck DJ is in the back there with a stack full of sweet gold records piled under a mound of mesclun greens.

Am I alone here?

JimJam

5 comments:

Simo said...

the centipede thing killed me. Can We make a video?

On a related note-Alvy, you need to come down to Fuller Park. It would be the perfect place to shoot a video in countless ways

Alvy said...

I totally agree.

And the Saugatuck DJ's name was Pat Farnak, and her signature call was:

"Hi, I'm Pat Farnak! Do I look ok?"

Then she'd usually play "Ma Belle Amie" or "Knock Three Times"

Shanghai Shecky said...

i'm in for the prepstar video. it will be like jackass, but much better. p.star needs to wear a sweater vest and a 'newsies' cap.

quickdraw said...

Mmmmm...mesclun greens.

Jimmy Swingset said...

Paul, if you and I ever go to Stanley's together, I promise I'll throw down more worms than seen in the box of Chinese take out from the Lost Boys.

Speaking of movies with Jason Patrick, did anyone see In The Valley of Elah? It was incredible-and I normally hate TL Jones.