Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Douche Alert



Backstage in the line for free Chipotle burritos, Spoon's Britt Daniel uses the old "Just wanted to say hi—not trying to cut the line!" trick on me to cut the line. He tells the Chipotle rep how he used to be a stockholder in the company, but sold it when it dropped below 80 points. "Oh, but we just closed at 89!" she says. "No, I'm pretty sure you closed at 72," he says, as they play an uncomfortable round of "respectfully disagree." Then he pulls out his Blackberry to check. This is perhaps the least rock 'n' roll thing I have ever witnessed.

9 comments:

fanniepak said...

that's amazing.

ekm said...

I think this needs to be filed alongside the Will Oldham Wearing a Bluetooth Headset at the Hideout Incident of 2006.

quickdraw said...

Wait, what's this!? Will Oldham was wearing a Bluetooth headset at the Hideout?

Alvy said...

Tony, can you please provide your mock-up of the WOWABHAHI?

Tony B. said...

Yes, of course - but, DS, who was the source for this incredible burrito-related gossip?

Mmm - a year or twoago Myself, David & Eva, Ella, Biche and others I am forgetting were going into the Hideout, and I believe a show was just getting out (Maybe Dirty Three?) - someone that Mssr. Oldham has worked with in the past.

As we entered the hideout, we saw Will standing there talking with a big, glowing headset on his funny-shaped head. I believe we lingered outside pretending to admire the skyline so we could soak it all in.

And no, no one took a picture (iphone hadn't been invented yet) but I swear to you it looked exactly like this composite photo I created.

EXACTLY.

Biche said...

maybe he would have let us stay in the basement of the abbey if we'd talked about amortization, or inbev's synergies with amheuser bllechhhhh....or if we had free burritos.

quickdraw said...

Hilarious, Tony B. Damn you B "P" B! I'll have to dock you a few points in my book for that Bluetooth nonsense. Thankfully, I had little respect to lose for Britt "Mickey Mouse" Daniel

Alvy said...

It was from the AV Club recap, FYI

Unknown said...

9 comments!!!