Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Camile Paglia Jumps The Shark. AGAIN.



"I like Sarah Palin, and I've heartily enjoyed her arrival on the national stage. As a career classroom teacher, I can see how smart she is -- and quite frankly, I think the people who don't see it are the stupid ones, wrapped in the fuzzy mummy-gauze of their own worn-out partisan dogma. So she doesn't speak the King's English -- big whoop! There is a powerful clarity of consciousness in her eyes. She uses language with the jumps, breaks and rippling momentum of a be-bop saxophonist. I stand on what I said (as a staunch pro-choice advocate) in my last two columns -- that Palin as a pro-life wife, mother and ambitious professional represents the next big shift in feminism. Pro-life women will save feminism by expanding it, particularly into the more traditional Third World."

4 comments:

the developher said...

Paglia's desperate for newsprint - always has been. It's best just to ignore grandma's ravings.

ekm said...

Paglia has made a career out of this kind of thing and I refuse to bite.

Alvy said...

Nothing on the baseball card? Really?

Unknown said...

Rusty Kuntz
Center fielder/Designated hitter

Batted: Right Threw: Right
MLB debut
September 1, 1979
for the Chicago White Sox
Final game
April 24, 1985
for the Detroit Tigers
Career statistics
Batting average .236
Home runs 5
Hits 104
Teams

* Chicago White Sox (1979-1983)
* Minnesota Twins (1983)
* Detroit Tigers (1984-1985)

Career highlights and awards

* World Series champion (1984)