Thursday, November 20, 2008

Get Bruce


Eva and I have often wondered why Bruce Campbell never "made it" as a leading man - he's funny, handsome, charismatic...

Perhaps this recent quote of his illustrates part of the problem:

''All right, you think you're all so smart?'' said Campbell. Then he challenged [the audience] to play studio exec as he pitched one of his past projects. ''I'm Frank Marshall,'' he began. ''I've produced all of Steven Spielberg's movies. Interested? Okay, I've got a book written by Michael Crichton. I'm going to get John Patrick Shanley, the Academy Award-winning writer of Moonstruck, to adapt it. It'll be shot by Allen Daviau, who did E.T. Will you make this movie? Well, congratulations! You just made Congo.''

3 comments:

the developher said...

The really telling thing is that David and I saw Congo IN THE THEATER.

Tony B. said...

Wow. I mean ... i have watched it on airplanes. And hotel rooms, but ...

the developher said...

It was a SUPER hot day and at the time we didn't have air conditioning. We sought refuge at Webster Place in the afternoon. For some reason Congo seemed like the best choice...