Sunday, July 3, 2011

Snowball's Chance

For most of my life I've wondered if there are animals out there who are capable of dancing to music. Not just running around in response to dancing humans, but a direct rhythmic response to music. I've often thought how cool it would be if my cats Sammy and Walt could occasionally break into dance, or even just move their tail or paws to the beat...just once!
I take a lot of guff from fellow lake-effectors for my ritual adherence to watching CBS Sunday Morning...live and in its entirety whenever possible. Weekly vindication came again today with this story about Snowball the Dancing Cockatoo, which finally answered once and for all my lifelong query about whether animals can dance.

Here's the piece:



And here he is getting down to some Stevie Nicks



There are about a thousand other clips out there too...enjoy!

1 comment:

ekm said...

Thanks, Mike! Love this guy - I like how he varies his moves depending on the song, too.