Monday, September 24, 2007

Daily Download: "Maybe"


When I was 7 or so, I was obsessed with "Annie". I saw it on Broadway with the original cast, minus star Andrea McCardle. I think the Annie I saw might have been (then only pony-faced) Sarah Jessica Parker. McCardle, by the way, replaced Kristin Vigard, who played it a little too "nice" for the producers' liking, and was sacked after a week of rehearsals. It didn't crush her little 8 year old spirit though - Vigard went on to sing "Frank Mills" in the revival of Hair and later was the singing voice of Ileana Douglass' character in the terrific movie Grace of My Heart. She still has a beautiful voice, makes records, etc. Check out a song from the movie below.

McCardle was on the soundtrack, though, and she was a real belter. When I was 7, she and I had basically the same range. I would listen to the soundtrack over and over, fantasizing that they would re-mount it with a boy in the lead: "Albert: The Musical". This is not a joke. My showstopper was the melancholy "Maybe", which I still contend is an absolutely beautiful song, one of my all-time favorites.

And if you think that's gay, fuck you.

Andrea McCardle - "Maybe"

Kristin Vigard - "A Boat On The Sea"

5 comments:

Jimmy Swingset said...

you are seriously gay dude. go workout or something.

the developher said...

faggot

Simo said...

RE: Young boy's obsession with "Annie" (and Annie), You and Billy have a lot to talk about

The Hitmaker said...

I think instead of "Albert" you want to go with "Alvy."

Biche said...

YKHIKYG? ("you know how i know you're gay?")

You definitely didn't look up the first three Annie's.