Thursday, September 13, 2007

Not Living Up to Expectations: The Fortune Cookie Edition.

Pow! I just noticed we have a group blog. Seems to be about about music mostly, and babies.

So, I'll start with this.

I'd been saving a chinese restaurant fortune at my desk. It read:
"You are capable, competent, creative and careful."
I kept it because it wanted it to be true.

And then today i got another one which appeared identical. Save for one key difference ...

"You are capable, competent, creative and careful.

Prove it."
Damn.

4 comments:

Simo said...

was the last bit by chance handwritten?

Alvy said...

Or is it possible you accidentally ate the last sentence the first time?

The Hitmaker said...

wow! I think the fortune cookie gods were watching you after the first one, and now they're pushing.
My favorite one ever: "You are almost there"--still carry it in my wallet.

the developher said...

face on you