Friday, September 21, 2007

Daily Download: I Do The Rock


Somehow, when I was like, 9, I acquired the 12" for Tim Curry's disco breakout hit (#91 on the charts!), "I Do The Rock". I didn't know him from Rocky Horror or anything, I just knew that this English dude knew a lot of words.

This song was co-written by Michael Kamen, who at the time was a Pink Floyd crony, but went on to write "Everything I Do" with Bryan Adams. He is now dead. Coincidence, or a just God?

Anyway, I still love it. You know how you know I'm gay? I know every word to this song.


Tim Curry - "I Do The Rock"

2 comments:

the developher said...

OMG! I used to listen to that song over and over again. I think I had a dance for it. It's definitely related to Werewolves of London somehow - And may be a distant cousin to the Stones' Shattered.

Simo said...

Celebraity Mix- Gary Sinise Meets Jon Stein in the cast of Hair