Thursday, November 15, 2007

Actually, A Nice Name For A Girl



You know how sometimes you like a song more than everyone else in the world? Like, totally out of proportion to the amount it registers on anyone else's radar? That's how I feel about this song by A Girl Called Eddy, which came out on her s/t LP in 2004. Not only is it a perfectly written pop song, but the "Viva Hate"-era Morrisey orchestration is fantastic, and the vocal performance is nonpareil.

Eva has always hated it for some reason.

I've probably made each of you listen to it at one time or another, but give it another shot.

A Girl Called Eddy - "Golden"

4 comments:

quickdraw said...

Nice - I dig it. How's the rest of the album?

Alvy said...

It's good!

Jimmy Swingset said...

I felt that way about "unwanted toy"

the developher said...

I FUCKING HATE THIS RECORD.