Monday, November 5, 2007

What's Your Favorite?



On my way to work this morning, I listened to The Beatles' Rubber Soul. It's the first record I learned backward and forward and it's also my favorite Beatles album. I used to sit in the living room with giant head phones on, immersed in it, pretending I was in the band. What I love so much is that it sounds like you're in the room with them clanging away on the instruments. The sounds are groovy and carefree, not too self conscious or over-orchestrated. The songs are sweet and funny, but not that clever yet. It's the moment just before they unleashed their real skills on us all.

What's your favorite Beatles record?

3 comments:

Alvy said...

I like the blue singles collection "The Beatles 67-70" the best.

Simo said...

still side 2 of Abbey Road

The Hitmaker said...

I think mine is Revolver...