Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Media Hijinx


While I must say that Russell J. Singer's posture is absolutely impeccable (I'd actually like the number of his Pilates instructor), I offer a brief interruption to come Uncork'd (TM) about the campaign coverage.
The media shenanigans are so out of hand that I couldn't possibly provide any kind of comprehensive survey. But, I'd like to present this one small example of the manufactured narratives and false suspense-inducing breathlessness. From CNN.com this morning, we have the headline, "Clinton, McCain Take the Lead," while the accompanying chart right next to the headline shows them in second and third places, respectively. Editors at CNN and nationwide need a spanking.

1 comment:

Tony B. said...

If this keeps up our primary vote might actually mean something.