Monday, October 29, 2007

Great Moments in Correspondence



On 10/27/07, the sweet science < thesweetscience@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello -

I stopped in to see if you'd be interested in selling my record on consignment; you took a copy and said you'd listen to it and get back to me. I'm wondering if you've had a chance to check it out yet.... please let me know where we stand when you get a chance.

Thanks for your consideration.

Best,
David Singer

On Oct 28, 2007, at 8:30 PM, Permanent Records wrote:

we did review the cd and we'll take a pass for now.
thanks,
liz

Dear Liz,

I've given it some thought, and I've decided you're right. My work has such little value that no one in their right mind would want to listen to it, much less sell it. Forgive me for trying to muddy the pristine atmosphere of your shrine to "good" music with my adolescent fumbling.

I will be committing ritual suicide at the Bottle immediately before the Tim Kinsella show on Thursday. Thanks so much for helping me see the light.

Most sincerely yours,
David Singer

PS - Please destroy the copy of my record in your possession. I wouldn't want it to get around.

2 comments:

the developher said...

Did Luke and Radiohead help you write it?

Shanghai Shecky said...

most 'Lar(ry)' label of all time.