Monday, October 29, 2007

Hipsters Paradise

I can think of no better time to post this song then after the emergence of the brilliant Will Oldham-inspired piece of art below.

So as a toast to that, I give you Will and Tortoise covering Springsteen's Thunder Road.

True Bruce fans will probably be horrified, but i love this 100%. Tortoise kicks out a big synth jam, and Bonnie's delivery made me (bother to) appreciate the Boss's lyrics fully.

So ... enjoy. Or not.

Bonnie "Prince" Billy & Tortoise Thunder Road

3 comments:

Alvy said...

I can't get enough of that picture. I may make it my screensaver...

Tony B. said...

It is true, I was just looking for a reason to put up this photo.

ekm said...

For the historical record, we did in fact WITNESS Will Oldham mit Bluetooth Cyborg Ear Decoration, at the Hideout no less. Bianchi was the genius who re-created the actual sight that traumatized us all.