Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Turn it off!?

Guess what? Growing up I was a huge Genesis fan. Guess what else? I'm going to see them tonight. I kinda wish I could be like the hipsters and say I dug'em best in the Peter Gabriel Era: but it would be a stone cold lie. The truth is that victimized as I was by being a child of the 80's, It was the Phil Collins era I loved first. Only later did I go back to find the real motherload of the Gabriel era... The whitefaced, flute and bass drum playing, flower costumed goodness.

Advance word from the road, not so good. At best we'll get one Carpet Crawlers for every three We Can't Dance

Here's a video from the first record with Phil up front, my favorite ever Genesis Album, " A trick of The Tale", from 1976. Its not one of the better tracks on the album, but I ask, is there anything PONCIER?

Title Track Video: A Trick of The Tale:

5 comments:

Shanghai Shecky said...

I'm so fucking jealous!

i hope they play 'man on the corner'

Shanghai Shecky said...

phil collins wins the mike love look-a-like contest.

Jimmy Swingset said...

I think he's got some Jude Law in there too

Simo said...

Also, Mat Powers (or in this case, Jim Powers) Oh, and McPharlin of course

The Hitmaker said...

"Man on the Corner" would be mint. Even better would be "Like It Or Not" or "It's Gonna Get Better." Supposedly they were playing "Ripples" earlier on the tour...