Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hyperbole

I know, everybody uses hyperbole. But sometimes when I see it in print, it's just so weird. This article in the Tribue about holiday shopping contains this excerpt:
Ellen Fine of Vernon Hills is like many shoppers. She intends to do her holiday shopping early, but ultimately she finds there is no burning reason to get to the mall.
"If I had a penny for every year when I said I'm going to get all my shopping done early when it's still warm out, I'd be a millionaire," said Fine.

Millionaire? Hmm . . . I'm guessing she might have a quarter.

1 comment:

the developher said...

I can't believe you picked this article to read. I think that's cute. We're actually all a little pissed here at SL that the Trib (our parent company) didn't mention us in this piece.

PS I hope your mom is feeling okay and gets better soon:)