Monday, October 8, 2007

Poster Kids



Yesterday reminded me of how much I LOVE the Poster Children. And not just because I've been crushin' on Rose for 20 years. They are a truly original and exciting band, totally without pretension, totally sincere.

The picture above is from their 1989 show at Dreamerz (which is now Nick's). I was there (with KCD, I believe), and scared of the neighborhood. Saw the Jesus Lizard there that year too, but missed shows by Nirvana and Slint (doh!).

Here's a couple of tracks from their debut Flower Plower LP:

Poster Chilidren - "Dangerous Life"

Poster Children - "Wanna"

2 comments:

Tony B. said...

Yeah they were. Lots of fun ... and Rose still rocks.

(A few more photos, here.)

The Hitmaker said...

I don't get the Rose thing. And I don't really get the band, generally. But I do think that He's My Star (featuring my pal Howie Kantoff on drums) is a true pop/rock masterpiece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_LjuonA6IE
It's one of my favorite songs.
Whoever the drummer was yesterday (the ninth one or whatever) was excellent, too.